Be Inspired- Be Informed
A number of early planning projects were highlighted in South Australia in July this year including:
- Horticultural company, Costa Group, announced a proposed $60 million expansion of their Monarto premises.
- The State Government has granted $1.8 million towards the expansion of the mushroom production facility, which they hope will commence construction during 2019.
- Smith Bay Deep Water Wharf Development has been declared as a major development by the state government. The wharf is sited on the north-coast of Kangaroo Island, 18 km north-west of Kingscote. It is to be developed as a multi-user, multi-cargo facility.
- AGL are planning to develop a 210 MW reciprocating engine power station alongside the Torrens Island Power Station. It will replace two of the four Torrens A turbines. The four Torrens B turbines will continue to operate as normal.
- Inghams proposed to construct a $50 million feed mill, including warehousing, grains, meals and product silos at Murray Bridge.
- Flinders University’s Urban Village Masterplan for its Bedford Park campus was announced in June. The proposal includes a hotel, shops, cafes and student accommodation. The University is in consultation with the state government, Marion and Mitcham councils, and will eventually approach private developers for investment. This project would link the Tonsley Innovation Precinct with Flinders main campus and the two hospitals at Bedford Park.
- The Daw Park Repatriation General Hospital site acquisition has been pending for more than 12 months. The project was originally awarded to RSL Life Care, who withdrew in October 2016. However, the state government announced the contract had been signed exclusively with ACH Group. Some of the consortium partners have pursued other options while ACH Group has purchased the site on its own.
- Cox Architecture has announced they will be submitting a development application to the Development Assessment Commission for a 30 storey apartment building with retail and office tenancies. The site includes 187 Victoria Square in Adelaide. The site is currently a carpark.
- Construction has commenced on the new $50 million Atura Hotel at the Adelaide Airport. Tenders have also been called this month, for a walkway link to connect this hotel to the airport terminal.
- The $30 million upgrade project of the Kangaroo Island Airport has commenced. Mossop Constructions are building a new terminal and supporting infrastructure. The runway-works, taxiway and associated works was awarded to BMD Constructions.